Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Keeping Busy

I am trying very hard to avoid watching television today.

If I start, I know that I will be sucked into the vortex of speculation and punditry. So, before I fell asleep last night, I made a list of things that I could do today to burn up some of that excess energy and keep my mind occupied.

Here are some of the things I came up with:

Transcribe last year's NaNo novel
Empty and reorganise my half of the bathroom vanity
Make a pretty necklace out of sparkly beads
Pull weeds
Do hand laundry
Empty the dishwasher
Update my address book
Update the calendar on my PDA
Check for loose buttons on my Fall clothes and resew
Make a pretty bracelet out of sparkly beads
Do some jewelry repair
Lengthen too-short trousers
Shine my shoes
Play around with software I seldom use
Play Solitaire
Walk around the block
Water plants
Shine brassware
Do some ironing
Well, that's a sampling of the items on my list!
Feel free to borrow some of my ideas or share some of your own.
Now, go turn off your television.

No comments: