Thursday, December 23, 2004

Please, bear with me....

A few years ago, I joined eDiets.

The combination of a sedentary job, stress, several back injuries and menopause had edged my weight up into a zone where I was no longer comfortable. So, while I was seeing a chiropractor about my back, I decided that it was time to get myself back down to a healthy weight.

I'm not going to go into details, because there is absolutely nothing as boring as reading about someone's diet. And that's the reason that I have never blogged about the subject. I never even discuss it with anyone, except for TonyP (my "training buddy", whose support has been a key factor in my success).

I'm writing about it now because I am 2.5 lbs away from my goal weight.

When I started with eDiets, I really didn't think that the goal that they had set for me was realistic.( It was a weight that I hadn't been at since I was in my twenties, for cryin' out loud!) Still, I gave the program my best shot. I was surprised at how quickly my body began to change. Then.... I grew frustrated at the way that things sort of leveled off for a while.

Recently, my weight has begun to go down again and I am starting to realise that my goal is just around the corner.

Only a few years ago, I thought it was impossible.

Thanks for listening.




No comments: