Sunday, July 09, 2006

Another Studio Update

Yesterday, TonyP spent about eight hours putting together the new storage system for my Studio!

I decided on two of the base units with doors and two upper units - one with just shelves and one that has all of these nifty slots for sorting things! (Not sure what I'll be sorting but it's nice to know that, when the need arises, I'll be able to.)

They're light oak so they kind of take away from the "dark and dismal" motif that I had going in there. My old cherry bookcase is now hidden behind the door (I'm too desperately in need of bookshelves to get rid of it.) and the only other dark bits in the room are the black sofa, black tv stand and the leopard print rug. The mud cloth on the wall, straw hats and my collection of African masks, carvings and baskets gives the room a distinct "cultural anthropology student" vibe....but that can't be helped.

I've been thinking of chucking all of the safari stuff in the closet for a while and dragging out a bunch of colourful Scandinavian textiles that currently languish in deep storage. Maybe it would be a nice change for Winter. Til then, I'll be working with the rather more neutal safari palette because it doesn't distract me when I'm working.

Of course, what with grad school and all, it's not like I have time to do much actual art work in the Studio.........

No comments: