Saturday, October 07, 2006

Confessions Of A Natural Blonde

I've just spent several hours at the salon, having my color done.

I'm looking a little more up market than I did three hours ago, when my fading highlights and lowlights combined to create what I call "Walmart blonde".

So, I'm now at the point in my life where it takes three hours to get me to look natural.

But, I really am blonde.

Streaky blonde, that is. My hair has streaks of pale blonde, dark blonde, mousy brown and a fair amount of grey. (I've been going grey since I was 18, in fits and starts.)

The guy who does my hair is utterly amazing.

My mother was over one afternoon and I had told her that I hated to waste an entire day having my hair done.

She reached over and looked at my hair and said "I don't know why you'd want to colour your hair. It looks fine just natural. Like it is."

(If my colorist retires, I'm sunk.)


No comments: