Here are two versions in plain cotton prints. The pattern requires so little fabric that I am able to splurge on some of the rather pricier things at the local quilt shop. It's also a very useful pattern for re-using fabrics.
For a recent trip to DC, I packed four of these skirts and some basic tees and felt reasonably well turned-out, despite the oppressive heat and humidity.
This Spring, I am making up a few more skirts from this pattern. Some of them have already been cut out, as in the photo below. This brown/white/turquoise print is one of the versions that I cut out a year ago but haven't gotten around to sewing up!
While I was preparing to take these "before" shots of the linen shirts I want to refashion, I noticed that both fabrics would work well with that skirt fabric! The shirts are massive and there ought to be plenty of linen to work with. These used to be two of my fave linen shirts and the fabric is well broken-in and oh-so-very-soft.
I'm thinking of some sort of camisole or short-sleeved blouse from the white. For the turquoise, I'd like a semi-fitted shirt with 3/4 sleeves but I don't have such a muslin already fitted, so that particular project will have to wait til July.
In addition to finishing the turq/brown skirt, I have about five more abandoned projects in my sewing area! My plan for the rest of June is to get those sorted out and try to finish them.
The "sorting out" portion of the process is being facilitated by a new ring binder system that I've pulled together for projects. Using the project planner downloadable from the Wardrobe Refashion website and a few plastic sleeves, I've finally got a place to organize the projects, make fitting notes and so on!