Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Martini & Rossi, On the Rocks

While I was shopping in Carrboro, I decided to stop in at Roulette Vintage.


Mainly, I was looking for shoes and bracelets but I hit the clothing racks and came across this peach of a peach 1970s dress!




It conjures up images of poolside patios and terrace gardens...of cocktails on an apartment balcony....of Champagne Cocktails and Martini & Rossi, on the rocks.


It's the style of dress that I used to wear but a lot more glitzy. There's silver piping and the fabric is shot with silver threads - more flash than I ever was!





Today, this dress needs to be worn with a touch of whimsy. The shopkeeper suggested beige flip-flops and I think she's on the right track.

I'm not sure where I'll wear it - other than at home.


Crook's, maybe?

2 comments:

knittin gin said...

Nice find! You can so pull that off too!

Penny said...

This is so beautiful! Maybe you should plan a day around the dress!