Thursday, August 16, 2007

A Reminder

GalleryJ (my Etsy shop) is now open!

Here are a couple of the items currently available :


This is a watercolor of the Rideau Canal, Ottawa. During the Summer, the canal is dotted with boats and the footpath alongside is filled with joggers and pedestrians. During the colder months, people skate on the canal. It's a lovely place to walk!


This drawing is one of several studies that I've done of water lilies. The inspiration for this particular one came from a koi pond in Manteo, NC. I had developed a cartoon for a painting and liked the lines of the drawing so much that I did this version in silver ink on black paper.

Please note that 10% of the sales at GalleryJ will be donated to WCPE, the listener-supported, classical music station that I listen to throughout my work day.

I've been listening to WCPE since the '70s and you can, too! No matter where you are in the world, go to theclassicalstation.org to listen live.

(Note: For the time being, I am only shipping within the US but, if you live elsewhere and are interested in my work, I would love to hear from you!)


2 comments:

knittin gin said...

That is so great that you're donating 10% of your sales to WCPE. They really are such a worthwhile cause.

JennySlash said...

I had been planning to just do that for August and then select another not-for-profit but it took me longer to get the store set up than I'd planned. So, until further notice (at least through the end of the year) that 10% is earmarked for WCPE!