This blouse is a test of New Look 6598, size 12. The fabric is a Cranston print based on a Mary Englebreit design and was purchased at Walmart, several years ago. Buttons are reclaimed from who-knows-where.
I've had this pattern for some time but hesitated to make it because I have had considerable difficulty fitting bodices and blouses, in the past.
This pattern features front and back darts and there is a narrow tie at the back to control fullness. It's really a very easy blouse to fit.
Being somewhat desperate for a reliable blouse pattern, I decided to make a muslin of it and I chose this fabric because I had purchased acres of the stuff for a quilt backing and never used it. The fabric is 100% cotton, so fairly easy to work with. Being black and an over-all print, alterations/mistakes would be less visible.
As it happens, the size 12 muslin fits me perfectly, as drawn. No alterations were needed but I did widen the blouse a bit near the bottom - to allow a smoother fit over jeans. I also made the side slits an inch longer because I thought the proportions looked better.
The main difficulty with this pattern was the neckline/collar facing. Try as I might, I have been unable to insert it in such a way as to get the thing to lie smoothly. I've tacked the facing down but I will probably need to draft my own facing pattern before I attempt to make this version of the blouse again!
Other than that, however, the blouse was a breeze!