Monday, February 09, 2009

Crochetin'

As you may know, I've only been knitting for a little more than a year.
I am not particularly good at it. I am, also, not particularly fast.
Furthermore, I do not find knitting relaxing or restful.
Crocheting is another matter.
I love to crochet and thread crochet has always been a particular joy, for me.
Usually, I like to work from vintage patterns or my own designs. This particular necklace/choker pattern, however, is from a book that I received for Christmas, entitled Positively Crochet!, by Mary Jane Hall.
I picked up my hook to keep my hands busy while I was watching The Revenge of Dr X (....aka The Double Garden, aka several other titles....) and had it done in no time. I blocked it the next day and was able to coax my assistant into modeling the finished necklace.

2 comments:

Mary Jane said...

Hi!,
I am the author of Positively Crochet (Mary Jane Hall) and just wanted to say thanks for posting the photo of your choker from my book. Also wondering if you are a member of Ravelry. If so, do you mind posting the photo there and linking it to me as the designer? If you are not a member of Ravelry, you'd love it! Here's the link:
https://www.ravelry.com/account/login

Mary Jane Hall

JennySlash said...

Actually, I did that first thing! And I've shared the photo with the Positively Crochet group on Ravelry. If the tags or links haven't worked, you can leave me a note in Ravelry and I'll try to sort it out.

Thanks for dropping by!