Thursday, June 11, 2009

In the Good Ol' Days.....

.... a gal would come home from a wonderful vacation/holiday and have to wait weeks for her photographs to be developed.

Now, thanks to the convenience of the Digital Era, the same gal can take thousands of pictures, see the results immediately and then take weeks/months to edit them and make them presentable.
(I should make a habit of putting these up on the blog as I go - even if I don't actually publish those blog entries until i return home.)
I'm still getting used to the little Canon PowerShot that TonyP gave me for Christmas. It has an anti-shake feature which makes things much easier for me - especially in low-light situations.











First up: Our suite at the Intercontinental, in downtown Chicago.
We were a little concerned when we were informed by the front desk that the room TonyP had reserved would not be available but the hotel upgraded us to a nice corner suite with excellent views>
Next, a view from the parlour of the suite:
The wall in the foreground is the wall of the terrace. The terrace currently has no flooring so the french doors were locked. But the view was breathtaking, nonetheless!

That's the Trib tower on the far left and the Wrigley Bldg is the thing with the clock.





This is TonyP, taken in the pizza/wine bar at Fornetto Mei - the restaurant at the Whitehall Hotel. (It's the only restaurant that I can think of that serves calamari prepared by any method other than frying.) TonyP and I spent the Spring of 2006 flying back and forth between our home in North Carolina and a temporary apartment in Chicago - located a short walk from the Whitehall. One of my favourite ways of settling into my Chicago surroundings was dropping off our bags at the apartment and then walking over to Fornetto Mei!





No comments: