Thursday, July 16, 2009

So, anyway......

.......I'm finding it rather difficult to get used to Life After Grad School.

As I had anticipated, the lack of imposed deadlines and assignments has left me feeling a bit unmotivated and I find that I am getting very little drawing or painting done.

And no writing.

What's happened, I believe, is that I've become so conditioned to using my academic breaks as down time that I've become conditioned to just aimlessly drifting about over Summer Holiday.

Of course, now that I have my degree, I can't treat every day like a holiday!

Still, it might be that I'm simply taking a well-deserved and much needed break and that I will find myself feeling considerably more motivated once the students begin returning to town.

That's the thing about living in a college town: Whether or not one is associated with the University, things still tend to happen according to the academic calendar.

And almost nothing ever gets done in July!

No comments: